Monday 21 June 2010

Deutsche Bank Ladies Swiss Open

Last week took me to Losone in Switzerland. Sadly the Swiss Alps did their worst and the first day of play was cancelled due to a waterlogged course. Day 2 however was very different with sunshine and blue skies, so I managed to get out with the polariser again to capture some of the skies. I also wanted to show the general area with the mountains and scenery. I decided that a stitched panoramic shot would be the best way to do this as it offers more width than a standard landscape shot. I took 5 photographs for the above image, all of which were in shot in portrait rather than landscape. I then did a quick edit in Adobe Lightroom and then stitched them together in Photoshop. The original stitched photo come out at just over 1.2 meters in length and is a whopping 560Mb, so plenty big enough for large printing :)

The tournament itself was won by South African, Lee-Anne Pace, another first time winner on the Ladies European Tour, she took home a watch from Omega, the trophy and a €78,750 cheque.

The next golf tournament for em is Tenerife in a couple of weeks but until then I will be concentrating on some landscape and underwater shots as I have a couple of trips coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment