Thursday 7 January 2010

Happy New Year to you all

Hello to all of you and a Happy New Year.
With the golf season on a little break, I get the chance to indulge myself with some wildlife photography. A side project I am working on is getting some photographs together for my local wildlife trust for a book that should be out in a couple of years time. I thought it would be a good idea to get some shots that include the snow that has fallen over the last few days as we don't tend to get a lot of snowfall on the coast.

I shot this Goldfinch on a twig using my 400mm with a 1.4TC to give me 580mm effective length. I used one of my 1D MkIIn cameras as the 1.3 crop sensor allows for a little more magnification as compared to my full frame cameras. Shooting birds
this small I would love to have the canon 600mm f4 as it gives you more reach but patience is the best weapon in the nature photographers armory.

I was stationed in a hide and the birds were being attracted to a bird table laden with nuts and seeds, which I am sure the birds appreciated in these harsh conditions. Talking of harsh conditions, I only managed about an hour and a half sitting in the hide before retreating to the warmth of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment